- You must be a Rate L customer or become eligible for Rate L with the implementation of your project.
- The new load to be served must represent at least 500 kW in additional demand. This load must not be the result of production transfers between facilities of the same company or of different companies in Québec.
- You must commit to the new rate for at least three consumption periods during the 12 consecutive monthly periods following the sign-up date.
A profitable offer
Highly competitive rate
The most attractive aspect of the Industrial Revitalization Rate is that the supplementary electricity will be charged at the avoided electricity cost (floor price of 3.30¢/kWh proposed as of April 1, 2018), making electricity a smarter choice than ever. The supplementary electricity is the energy consumed in addition to your historical demand, which is based on your consumption in the 12 monthly periods prior to your sign-up date or on any other method that is representative of your consumption profile prior to the implementation of your new project.
Have you joined the carbon market? By converting your industrial processes to electricity, you could resell your GHG emission units and contribute to Québec’s energy transition.
Do you need new equipment? Are you looking to build a new transmission line? Consider your options! Your investment project could be eligible for government funding in the form of lower electricity costs for Rate L customers.
The financial support may cover up to 50% of eligible costs. The deadline to submit an application is December 31, 2018.
The new Industrial Revitalization Rate is subject to certain conditions.
- The supplementary electricity consumed must not cause your power demand to exceed the available power determined by Hydro-Québec for your electrical installation.
- In some instances during the winter period, Hydro-Québec may ask you, on two hours’ notice, not to consume supplementary electricity supplied under this rate, based on system management requirements and availability.
Have questions? Need assistance?
Your project is important to us. Hydro-Québec experts can guide you in your expansion or conversion project right from the design phase and help you take full advantage of this new rate. Contact your commercial officer who will gladly answer all your questions.
Hydro-Québec, your partner in business.
The period from December 1 of one year through March 31 of the following year, inclusive.