As a responsible manager and investor, you are just as concerned with your company’s financial performance as you are with its environmental impact.
By efficiently managing your energy consumption, you can both improve your bottom line and remain competitive. If you own a building or an industrial site, take a look at our lighting advice, which can also help you increase the market value of your building or site.
Tips on lighting
Free or inexpensive measures
- Adjust the lighting level to the task at hand. Install the right number of lights for proper room lighting. Position lighting fixtures so as to accentuate specific areas or make precision work easier.
- Consider installing controls and motion sensors to reduce costs by automatically turning off lights when they’re not needed.
- Use lightbulbs of the right brightness to ensure you don’t waste electricity.
- Make the most of natural light.
Want to do more?
Choose more efficient lighting fixtures!
- Upgrade your fluorescent tubes. T8 models are the most efficient choices on the market.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with LED bulbs, and use 80% less electricity for your lighting.
- Replace frequently used and high-output lighting fixtures, such as exterior and high-bay lights, with LED products.
For the most efficient LED lighting products, make sure they are certified by DesignLights ConsortiumTM or ENERGY STAR®. In recent years, the purchase price of these products has dropped so much that the relative energy and maintenance savings are bigger than ever.
Carrying out a lighting project? Benefit from one of our programs.
Hydro-Québec offers businesses financial assistance for the purchase and installation of efficient LED lighting products.