This component tailors the financial assistance and technical support provided to your project with the goal of improving your building’s overall energy efficiency.
All individuals or legal entities that own, operate or occupy an eligible building at the start of work and that carry out an eligible project in the building.
Buildings of at least 10,000 m2*
with a project generating a minimum of 50,000 kWh** of eligible annual electricity savings and that are one of the following types:
- New and existing commercial or institutional buildings
- Buildings operated under a lease
- Multiunit residential buildings of at least four storeys (live-in semibasements are considered a storey)
- Hydro-Québec Production and Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie buildings whose electricity consumption is invoiced
Specific conditions: certain measures related to equipment that is not part of a building are eligible for the Program. Refer to the Participant’s Guide.
Moreover, buildings must be located in Québec and connected to one of the following:
- Hydro-Québec’s main grid
- An off-grid system
- A grid belonging to a power redistributor (municipality or other)
* Projects involving buildings under 10,000 m2 are no longer eligible unless the project is eligible for the Integrated Design option for new buildings of at least 2,000 m2.
** The participant may include, in a single request for financial assistance, a group of energy efficiency projects for various buildings as long as the area of each building is at least 10,000 m2 and that eligible annual electricity savings total at least 50,000 kWh.