Changes to the Buildings Program as of February 1, 2017
Please note that changes to the Buildings Program will come into effect on February 1, 2017.
- New version of the PPB software must be used to calculate the project’s energy savings and financial support.
- New document must be submitted when confirming the project’s completion.
- Changes to the lighting measures and new measures added to the prescriptive component.
- Merger of two forms: Letter of intent and Confirmation of completed project.
The presentation of the Buildings Program Participant’s Guide was also updated.
The following changes will come into effect on February 1, 2017.
New version of the PPB software: PPB v1.1
To present a new project (1) under the Buildings Program, you must submit a file created with PPB v1.1 to Hydro-Québec.
(1) New project: A project for which Hydro-Québec has never received a letter of intent or whose start date is later than January 31, 2017, as appears in the supporting documents.*
For projects submitted under the Hydro-Québec Buildings Program prior to February 1, 2017, and whose start date is prior to February 1, 2017.
The program terms and conditions in effect prior to February 1, 2017, apply to projects that meet the following conditions.
- The date on the supporting documents (listed below) is January 31, 2017, or earlier.
- Hydro-Québec received the letter of intent before the work start date indicated in the supporting documents.
- The first purchase order indicating the date at which the devices associated with the eligible energy efficiency measures were ordered; or
- The duly signed contract related to the implementation of the eligible energy efficiency measures.
New document must be submitted when confirming the project’s completion
You must now submit the first purchase order for the devices associated with the eligible energy efficiency measures or the first duly signed contract related to the implementation of the eligible energy efficiency measures along with the Completion of completed project form.
Changes to the lighting measures and new measures added to the program’s prescriptive component
Changes to the lighting measures:
- Withdrawal of the measure specific to induction lighting
- Tightening of the references for all lighting to reflect market trends. Therefore, the calculation of the financial support granted by Hydro-Québec for these measures under the Program may differ from the amount calculated using PPB v1
New measures added to the prescriptive component of the Buildings Program:
- installation of a solar water heater
- installation of a pool dehumidifier/heat recovery system
- installation of a solar wall
- installation of a drain water heat recovery system
- implementation of measures in arenas and curling rinks
- installation of variable-frequency drives on 100% fresh air HVAC systems
- installation of variable-frequency drives on domestic cold water booster pumps
- new HVAC measures for grocery store buildings
- installation of exhaust heat recovery pumps
- installation of heat pumps in a mixed water loop system
Merger of two forms: Letter of intent and Confirmation of completed project and request for payment of financial assistance
The two forms were merged into a single automated form: Letter of intent and confirmation of project completion, available (in French only) on the Program Web site.
When you access the new form, which is made up of two sections, you must select the project’s current stage (i.e. Letter of intent or Confirmation of project completion) to view the instructions and fields to be filled out.
Exception: Project submitted prior to February 1, 2017
Once you are ready to confirm that the project has been completed, you must fill out the Confirmation of project completion and request for payment of financial assistance form, which is available on the Program Web site in the section entitled Terms and conditions in effect from (according to the date of your project).
For further details, do not hesitate to contact Hydro-Québec’s customer and partner support team at 1 800 463-9900 or visit our Web site.