All individuals or legal entities that own, operate or occupy eligible buildings at the start of work and that carry out an eligible project in the building.
Buildings under* 10,000 m2 with a project eligible for at least $2,500** in financial assistance and that are one of the following types:
- All new and existing commercial or institutional buildings
- Buildings operated under a lease
- Multiunit residential buildings of at least four storeys (live-in semibasements are considered a storey)
- Hydro-Québec Production and Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie buildings whose electricity consumption is invoiced
Moreover, buildings must be located in Québec and connected to one of the following:
- Hydro-Québec’s main grid
- An off-grid system
- A grid belonging to a power redistributor (municipality or other)
*If the project involves a new building of at least 2,000 m2 that is eligible for the Integrated Design option, it must be submitted to the Catered component.
**The participant may include, in a single request for financial assistance, a group of energy efficiency projects for various buildings as long as the area of each building is under 10,000 m2 with a project eligible for at least $2,500 in financial assistance.