Changes to the Buildings Program, effective February 1, 2017
New version of PPB application software
To submit a new project under the Buildings program, you must provide Hydro-Québec with a file generated by the PPB v1.2 [EXE 7.3 Mb] application.
New document to submit when confirming the project’s completion
You must now submit the first purchase order for the devices associated with the eligible energy efficiency measures or the first duly signed contract related to the implementation of the eligible energy efficiency measures, along with the Project completion form.
Changes to the lighting measures
- Withdrawal of the measure specific to induction lighting.
- Tightening of the references for all lighting measures to reflect market trends. Therefore, the calculation of the financial assistance granted by Hydro-Québec for these measures under the Program may differ from the amount calculated using PPB v.1.
New measures added to the prescriptive component of the Buildings Program:
- installation of a solar water heater
- installation of a pool dehumidifier/heat recovery system
- installation of a solar wall
- installation of a drain water heat recovery system
- implementation of measures in arenas and curling rinks
- installation of variable-frequency drives on 100% fresh air HVAC systems
- installation of variable-frequency drives on domestic cold water booster pumps
- implementation of new HVAC measures for grocery store buildings
- installation of exhaust heat recovery pumps
- installation of heat pumps in a mixed water loop system
Merger of the Letter of intent and Confirmation of project completion and request for payment of financial assistance forms
When you access the new form, which is made up of two sections, you must select the project’s current stage (i.e. Letter of intent or Confirmation of project completion) to view the fields to be filled out.
Exception: When projects submitted before February 1, 2017, reach the completion stage, use the Confirmation of project completion and request for payment of financial assistance form, available in the Projects submitted before February 1, 2017, section Previous program terms and conditions.