Changes to Buildings Program, effective February 1, 2017
For projects submitted under the Hydro-Québec Buildings Program prior to February 1, 2017, and whose start date is prior to February 1, 2017
The program terms and conditions in effect prior to February 1, 2017, apply to projects that meet the following conditions:
- The date on the supporting documents (listed below) is January 31, 2017, or earlier.
- Hydro-Québec received the letter of intent before the work start date indicated in the supporting documents.
- The first purchase order indicating the date at which the devices associated with the eligible energy efficiency measures were ordered; or
- The first duly signed contract related to the implementation of the eligible energy efficiency measures.
New version of PPB application software
1. New project: A project for which Hydro-Québec has never received a letter of intent or whose start date is later than January 31, 2017, as appears in the supporting documents.
New document to submit when confirming the project’s completion
You must now submit a copy of the first purchase order for the devices associated with the eligible energy efficiency measures or the first duly signed contract related to the implementation of the eligible energy efficiency measures, along with the Confirmation of project completion form.
Changes to the lighting measures
- Withdrawal of the measure specific to induction lighting
- Tightening of the references for all lighting measures to reflect market trends. Therefore, the calculation of the financial assistance granted by Hydro-Québec for these measures under the Program may differ from the amount calculated using PPB v.1.
New measures added to the prescriptive component of the Buildings Program
- installation of a solar water heater
- installation of a pool dehumidifier/heat recovery system
- installation of a solar wall
- installation of a drain water heat recovery system
- implementation of measures in arenas and curling rinks
- installation of variable-frequency drives on 100% fresh air HVAC systems
- installation of variable-frequency drives on domestic cold water booster pumps
- implementation of new HVAC measures for grocery store buildings
- installation of exhaust heat recovery pumps
- installation of heat pumps in a mixed water loop system
Merger of the Letter of intent and Confirmation of project completion and request for payment of financial assistance forms
When you access the new form, which is made up of two sections, you must select the project’s current stage (i.e. Letter of intent or Confirmation of project completion) to view the fields to be filled out.
Exception: When projects submitted before February 1, 2017, reach the completion stage, use the Confirmation of project completion and request for payment of financial assistance form, available in the Previous program terms and conditions section of the Hydro-Québec Web site.
For additional information, please call Hydro-Québec’s customer and partner support team at 1-877-817 1433.
Note: LED lighting products must be approved by the DesignLights Consortium® (DLC®) or, in some cases, they must be ENERGY STAR® certified. Make sure to choose the right category when submitting your products. For instance, a retrofit kit approved by the DLC® cannot be submitted in the Fixtures category.
Note: LED lighting products must be approved by the DesignLights Consortium® This link will redirect you to an external site. (DLC®) or, in some cases, they must be certified by ENERGY STAR®. This link will redirect you to an external site. Make sure to choose the right category when submitting your products. For instance, a retrofit kit approved by the DLC® cannot be submitted in the Fixtures category.
List of qualified products
Click on the following links to access the eligible LED lighting products sorted by category:
- Retrofit kits:
- Replacement lamps (tubes)
If you are unsure about the eligibility of a product, contact our customer and partner support team.