La pertinence des montants demandés est évaluée en fonction des objectifs visés et des activités prévues. Il n'y a pas de limite fixe minimale ou maximale, sous réserve des conditions suivantes :
A detailed budget [XLS 340 Kb – in French only] for the project must be submitted. The budget should include, for each of the activities planned, a breakdown of costs between the following three categories: human resources (internal), purchase of goods and material, and professional services (external).
Sources of funding must be specified with the amounts provided by every partner. If any partners provide contributions in kind (loans of personnel, equipment, premises, etc.), they should be listed along with a monetary value. The elements of the project that each partner (including your organization and the Foundation) will be contributing to must also be listed.
For cash contributions, the financing for the project must comply with the following conditions:
|Grant requested from FHQE||Other financial contributions required||Professional accountant services required|
|At least 25% of the total funding (cash)(2)(3)||Financial statements of the project
accompanied by a Notice To Reader(4)
|≥ 100 000 $||At least 50% of the total funding (cash)(2)(3)||Financial statements of the project
accompanied by a Review Engagement Report(4)
(1) Any type of external funding will be favorably viewed in the project evaluation.
(2) No funds will be paid unless letters of confirmation from the other funding sources are supplied, specifying the cash amounts or fair market value of the contributions. For example:
- If you apply for $60,000 from the Foundation, you must obtain other funding of at least $20,000 and provide confirmation.
- If you apply for $120,000 from the Foundation, you must obtain other funding of at least $120,000 and provide confirmation.
(3) If you are a municipality, a regional county municipality, a band council or an inter-municipal organization, financing must include at least one other sponsor (excluding your organization) for grant requests of $50,000 or more.
(4) The financial statements of the project must be compiled (for grants < $100,000) or reviewed (for grants ≥ $100,000) by an independent chartered accountant and incorporated into the final project report. The related cost must be included in the projected expenses budget submitted with the grant application.
These ceilings apply to the entire project if it is solely environmental. For any other kind of project, the ceilings only apply to the environmental component.