Hydro-Québec is a government-owned business corporation focused on the future and on creating value. We serve Québec in a profitable partnership with our shareholder, our customers, our suppliers and society as a whole.
In this spirit, we have adopted 12 policies that express concrete commitments and embody a set of values that each of our employees is asked to apply in the workplace.
The principles set out in these policies reflect our intent to be a dynamic enterprise, a leader in technology and a major force for change in our industry and society.
- Financial disclosure [PDF – In French only - 34Ko]
- Our acquisitions of goods and services and contract conditions [PDF – In French only - 35Ko]
- Our assets [PDF – In French only - 55Ko]
- Our customers [PDF – In French only - 55Ko]
- Our environment [PDF – In French only - 75Ko]
- Our finances [PDF – In French only - 40Ko]
- Our human resources [PDF – In French only - 27Ko]
- Our information technologies [PDF – In French only - 53Ko]
- Our management [PDF – In French only - 56Ko]
- Our security [PDF – In French only - 43Ko]
- Our social role [PDF – In French only - 36Ko]
- Reduction of expenses as part of the application of Bill 100 [PDF – In French only - 24Ko]
Code of ethics and rules of professional conduct for directors, executives and controllers of Hydro-Québec
Code of conduct
The Code serves as a code of ethics and professional conduct for all the company's employees. It describes real-life situations and reaffirms our fundamental values:
- Acting with integrity
- Acting with loyalty and diligence
- Respecting people and the environment
- Protecting confidential information
- Treating our customers, suppliers and partners fairly and courteously
Distributor's code of conduct
In decision D-2006-46 rendered March 20, 2006, the Régie de l'énergie approved the Distributor's code of conduct. The code, which came into effect that same day, governs business activities and electricity supply transactions not subject to a call for tenders procedure between the Distributor and its affiliates.
The Distributor's code of conduct aims to prevent
- any form of preferential treatment on the part of the Distributor by regulating conduct and the exchange of employees and information;
- subsidization, in whole or in part, of business activities of the Distributor's affiliates by the Distributor's electricity service customers.