Dive into energy savings!
Regardless of the size of your pool or whether it’s in-ground or above-ground, using a solar pool cover will help you consume up to 45% less energy (if used 16 hours a day). The cover will curb heat loss and keep the water warmer.
- Recoup the purchase price through electricity savings in the first summer.
- Use fewer chemicals.
- Avoid heat loss and wasting water.
- Above-ground pool: Save up to $ 180 per summer!*
- In-ground pool: Save up to $ 230 every summer!*
- Remove the cover completely before letting anyone in the pool and never let anyone swim underneath it when it’s on the water.
- Store the cover in a dry, shaded place.
- Remove the cover every couple of days to oxygenate the water.
* Calculation basis:
* Energy consumption and savings depend on installation features and heater and cover use. Amounts based on electricity price of 8.28¢/kWh.
** Assumptions for kilowatthour (kWh) and percentage (%) values: Swimming pool type and size shown; heat pump properly sized for pool sizes shown, with seasonal coefficient of performance (COP) of 4; full sun exposure; typical Montréal climate; pool used and heated between May 21 and September 15, with thermostat set at 27ºC; cover used 16 hours/day throughout entire period.