|General information:||Fall-winter 2016|
|Information on the proposed solution:||Spring-summer 2017|
|Filing of environmental impact statement and application for government approvals:||2018|
Conversion of the underground Beaumont–Dorchester line in a new conduit
- Excavation of a 1-metre wide trench in the street, about 1.5 metres from the sidewalk.
- Laying and concreting of ducts at a depth of about 1.5 metres.
- Installation of underground chambers.
- Backfilling the trench and surface restoration.
- Cable pulling and backfilling of underground chambers.
Dismantling of the existing underground line
- Removal of underground cables and electric equipment.
- Demolition of upper part of underground chambers.
- Backfilling and surface restoration.
Related work at Beaumont and Dorchester substations
- Connection of new cables at transformer substations and joints with existing power lines.
- This work will be carried out within the grounds of each Hydro-Québec substation.
Measures to limit the impact of construction work
- The worksite will be adequately fenced and monitored to ensure the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.
- Trenches will be closed and backfilled on an ongoing basis as the work progresses.
- Worksite signs will be installed in the work area.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Vehicle traffic will be reduced, but maintained at all times.
- Obstruction of parking spaces will be temporary and limited to the work area.
- A telephone number to call for information will be posted near the worksite.