Cedars Rapids Transmission Company Limited, a Hydro-Québec subsidiary, is a transmission provider that owns and operates a double-circuit 120-kV interconnection line. This 72-km, 325-MW line links the Hydro-Québec TransÉnergie grid at Des Cèdres substation with the Cornwall Electric system in Ontario and the National Grid system in New York.
Although it is now operated at 120 kV, the new line was rebuilt at 230 kV with a capacity of 1,000 MW.
- CRT is an electric power carrier operating in the Québec, Ontario and northeastern New York State markets.
- CRT owns and operates a transmission line in Québec and Ontario.
- As such, CRT ensures system reliability and service continuity, and is recognized as a good corporate citizen in its community.
- Seize growth opportunities in Québec, Ontario and the United States
- Maintain system reliability
- Foster employee teamwork, performance and engagement
- Health and safety
- Employee engagement and motivation
- Concern for the environment
- Responsible management of right-of-way
- Dynamic business relationship with Hydro-Québec
- Relationship of trust with neighboring systems and residents