All of Hydro-Québec’s data on electricity demand in Québec in megawatts. Updated every 15 minutes, the data shows the variations in daily electricity needs based on the time of day.Visit the Québec hydropower: clean, renewable and low in GHG emissions page for an example of how this dataset is used.
Files or services
Useful information for interpreting the data
Electricity demand in Québec is calculated in real time by Hydro‑Québec’s system control centre [in French only].
Description of labels
The files can contain text data (e.g., Montréal), numerical data (e.g., 2021‑05‑21) or geometric data (e.g., 46°48'44’’). They are organized based on labels, which correspond to categories. The labels and their descriptions are provided below.
- date (numerical): date and time the measurement was taken
- demandeTotal (numerical): total electricity demand in megawatts (MW)
- Editor/Author: Hydro‑Québec
- Update frequency: 15 minutes
- Language: French
- Geographic coverage: province of Québec, except regions supplied by off-grid systems
- Temporal coverage: Daily
- Initial distribution: 2021-05-01
- Licence: Creative Commons CC‑BY‑NC 4.0
- Notices and conditions of use: The information provided represents raw data, comes without a guarantee of quality and is subject to change without notice.