This Hydro Québec data represents electricity consumption for all consumption locations in Québec by industry sector. The data is updated twice a year and has been available since 2016.
Consumption data is provided by industry sector (agricultural, residential, commercial, institutional and industrial) for an entire municipality or regional county municipality (MRC) in the province of Québec.
- History of electricity consumption data in Québec by industry sector (municipalities) for January 1, 2016 to March 31, 2023 [XLSX 9,15 MB]
- History of electricity consumption data in Québec by industry sector (MRC) for January 1, 2016 to March 31, 2023 [XLSX 1,03 MB]
- History of electricity consumption data in Québec by industry sector (administrative region) for January 1, 2016 to March 31, 2023 [XLSX 170 KB]
The data is extracted from Hydro-Québec’s internal systems and compiled based on five industry sectors:
Data from municipal systems (Alma, Amos, Baie-Comeau, Coaticook, Joliette, Magog, Saguenay, Sherbrooke and Westmount) and from the systems of the Coopérative régionale d’électricité de Saint-Jean-Baptiste-de-Rouville are compiled in the “Institutional” industry sector.
Given the sensitivity of electricity consumption data regarding privacy concerns and commercial interests, such data may not be available for some of the smaller municipalities.
- Editor/author: Hydro‑Québec
- Update frequency: semi‑annually
- Languages: French
- Geographic coverage: Province of Québec
- Temporal coverage: Monthly
- Last modified: 2023‑06‑17
- Initial distribution: 2022‑10‑07
- Licence : Creative Commons CC‑BY‑NC 4.0
- Notices and conditions of use: The information provided represents raw data. It is without a guarantee of quality and subject to change without notice.