Hydro-Québec, its directors and its personnel must comply with the policies and codes of conduct adopted by the company over the years.
Hydro-Québec is a government-owned business corporation focused on the future and on creating value. Hydro-Québec and its personnel must carry out their functions in accordance with laws, regulations and corporate guidelines.
In this spirit, Hydro-Québec has adopted 12 policies that express concrete commitments and embody a set of values that every employee is asked to apply in the workplace.
- Document containing all corporate policies (In French only) [PDF] Effective April 19, 2013
Hydro-Québec’s code of conduct
The Code de conduite [Code of conduct] serves as a code of ethics and professional conduct for all the company's employees. It describes real-life situations and reaffirms Hydro-Québec’s fundamental values:
- Acting with integrity
- Acting with loyalty and diligence
- Respecting people and the environment
- Protecting confidential information
- Treating our customers, suppliers and partners fairly and courteously
Distributor's code of conduct
Approved by the Régie de l’énergie in 2006, the Code de conduite du Distributeur [Distributor’s code of conduct] governs business activities and electricity supply transactions not subject to a call for tenders procedure between the Distributor and its affiliates.
The Distributor's code of conduct aims to prevent
- any form of preferential treatment on the part of the Distributor by regulating conduct and the exchange of employees and information;
- subsidization, in whole or in part, of business activities of the Distributor's affiliates by the Distributor's electricity service customers.
Transmission Provider Code of Conduct
The Transmission Provider Code of Conduct, which came into effect in 2004, is intended to prevent any form of preferential treatment by the Transmission Provider toward affiliates by regulating conduct and the exchange of employees and information.
It is also intended to prevent, through rules governing transactions between the Transmission Provider and affiliates, subsidization of the latter, in whole or in part, by transmission customers.
Reliability Coordinator Code of Conduct
The purpose of this code, which came into effect in January 2008, is to ensure that the reliability of the transmission system remains a top priority and to prevent any form of preferential treatment in favor of other branches of the Transmission Provider, its affiliates or other system users.
- Reliability Coordinator Code of Conduct On this site – PDF 128 KB
Supplier Code of Conduct
Setting out the expectations of Hydro-Québec and its subsidiaries with respect to suppliers and their sub-contractors, this code is an integral part of all contractual documents and guides all business relationships.