Encourage the residents in your municipality to reduce their use of drinking water with kits of WaterSense® labeled products
Water- and energy-saving products help reduce the consumption of your municipality's drinking water and the variable costs related to production. They can help your municipality meet the objectives set out in the Québec Water Efficiency Strategy.
By encouraging residents in your municipality to install WaterSense® labeled showerheads and faucet aerators, you will be helping them use less water and save on their electricity bill without sacrificing comfort.
Not a municipality? Other promotions may apply.
Encourage your residents to be
energy wise by making kits available
Get up to 69% off the unit price when you purchase 50 kits or more
(free delivery across Québec).
Are you interested in these kits?
You can order them by:
- contacting Solutions Ecofitt, Hydro-Québec’s service provider, at 514 677-0099
or toll-free at 1 855 882-0099.
- filling out the expression of interest form on the Solutions Ecofitt Web site.
In addition to the showerhead, our kits include:
- One swivel kitchen faucet aerator;
- One bathroom faucet aerator;
- Teflon tape;
- One five-minute shower timer;
- One flow meter bag.
It pays to work together!
Several municipalities can join together to place an order and qualify for the savings available on the purchase of 50 kits or more. The order is then delivered to a single address and each municipality can receive a separate invoice upon request.
For more information on group purchases, contact Hydro-Québec service provider Solutions Ecofitt at 514 677-0099 or toll-free at 1 855 882-0099.
Receive assistance for the distribution of your kits
If your municipality buys more than 200 kits and distributes them free of charge to its residents, you can receive support from Hydro-Québec's promotional activities team as part of your awareness initiatives (certain conditions apply).
More than 150
kits already sold
Up to 40%
in water savings
- La Doré,
- La Macaza,
- La Martre,
- La Pocatière,
- La Sarre,
- Saint-Bruno (Saguenay‒Lac-Saint-Jean),
- Saint-Stanislas (Mauricie),
- Sainte-Marguerite (Chaudière-Appalaches),
- Thetford Mines,
How to convince your residents
Savings that pay off
Your residents will save all year round
Number of occupants in the household
less on the annual
43 804 fewer litres of water consumed each year
The showerheads and faucet aerators restrict the flow rate to a maximum 5.7 L/min, which is up to 40% less than that of conventional products. The water pressure remains the same, so residents won’t even notice a difference.
The showerheads and faucet aerators in our kits are covered by a 10-year warranty. The showerheads are made of ABS thermoplastic, a corrosion- and impact-resistant material.
Quick and easy installation
Showerheads and faucet aerators can be installed quickly and easily using the instructions provided in the kit. We even have a video tutorial to help you out.
Your municipality will benefit from Hydro-Québec's communication plan to promote its products. We also have the following non-exhaustive list of suggestions:
- Use the municipality's Web site to inform residents of the promotion as well as the advantages of water- and energy-saving products.
- Put up posters in high-traffic public areas to increase visibility (community centres, libraries, arenas, sports centres, city hall, etc.).
- Distribute the promotional flyer for the WaterSense® Labeled Water- and Energy-Saving Products Program.
- Talk about the promotion during local activities (sports activities, neighborhood festivals, events celebrating the environment, etc.).
- Advertise in local newspapers.
- Place an ad on the radio, if possible.
- Announce the promotion in the residents' newsletter.
- Project the contents of a promotional poster on a large screen (dynamic display screens, electronic bulletin boards) or at the movie theater before a film is shown, just like the municipality of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield did.
Hydro-Québec offers tools that can be downloaded or ordered for free to promote these kits of water- and energy-saving products.
The following communication tools are available:
- Printable customizable poster 8.5 x 11 in - French version [PDF 234 Ko]
- Printable customizable poster 8.5 x 11 in – English version [PDF 233 Ko]
- Printable customizable poster 8.5 x 14 in - French version [PDF 264 Ko]
- Printable customizable poster 8.5 x 14 in – English version [PDF 264 Ko]
- Printable customizable poster 11 x 17 in – French version [PDF 353 Ko]
- Printable customizable poster 11 x 17 in – English version [PDF 352 Ko]
- Advertising flyer – French version (4 x 9 in) [PDF 662 Ko]
- Advertising flyer – English version (4 x 9 in) [PDF 7 Mo]
- Web site banner – French version [JPG 29 Ko] – Instructions – French version [PDF 21Ko]
- Web site banner – English version [JPG 25 Ko] - Instructions – English version[PDF 174Ko]
- Customizable advertising poster for large screen – French version [JPG 3 Mo]
- Customizable advertising poster for large screen – English version [JPG 2,4 Mo]
- Advertorial – French version [DOC 69 Ko]
- Advertorial – English version [DOC 69 Ko]
Contact the program manager to discuss your needs: email@example.com.