First quarter 2017
Quarter marked by record volume of net exports
Hydro-Québec: First-quarter net income exceeds $1.5 billion for the fourth consecutive year.
For the quarter ended March 31, net income totaled $1,543 million, a result similar to that of the same period last year. Thanks to the continued reliability of our generating and transmission facilities, our net electricity exports hit a new quarterly record in terms of volume. In fact, this is the first time in Hydro-Québec’s history that we exceeded 10 TWh in a quarter.
- Markets outside Québec: Net electricity exports total 10.1 TWh, a historic quarterly high
- 25% volume increase compared to the first quarter of 2016
- Previous record of 9.8 TWh set in the third quarter of 2016
- Major investments throughout Québec: $652 million
- Ongoing construction and connection of the Romaine hydroelectric complex
- Ongoing work on the 735-kV Chamouchouane− Bout-de-l’Île project
- Refurbishment of power generation and transmission facilities