LINERANGER – An innovation for inspecting transmission lines.
The LineRanger robot, developed by Hydro-Québec's research institute (IREQ), is a new technological innovation for the efficient inspection of conductor bundles on high-voltage power lines. Widely used around the world, lines made up of conductor bundles present special challenges for robot locomotion. IREQ’s LineRanger represents a major breakthrough. Its cutting-edge features make transmission line inspection fast, easy and efficient.
- A revolutionary mechanism that moves the robot past obstacles smoothly and quickly
- Fast and easy robot deployment by field crews
- User-friendly control interface
- Easy installation on the transmission line
- Large-scale application
- Inspection along about 20 km of line a day without interfering with power flow on live lines