De la Reine substation

Geographic location: This substation, which can now be dismantled thanks to the commissioning of the new Limoilou substation, is located in the Saint-Roch district. This substation is located at the site where Canada’s first power transformation equipment was installed. In 1894, the Montmorency Electric Power Co. began preparing this site for the construction of a transformer substation.

Impact: The dismantling of De la Reine substation will lead to a temporary increase in traffic due to the use of machinery and the transportation of materials. Whenever possible, work will be carried out within the hours set forth in municipal bylaws.

Start of work: Summer 2017 – Removal of structures and equipment

End of work: Summer 2018 – Rehabilitation and restoration

Environmental protection: A Hydro-Québec representative will ensure that all work is carried out with due respect for the environment and that sites are restored in accordance with requirements once the work is complete.

Dismantling map for the De la Reine substation [PDF – 792 Kb]