issuing an invoice to Hydro-Québec
Technical requirements for sending invoices
- The invoice must be sent as an attachment to your e-mail.
- Each attachment in the e-mail must include one invoice only, which may have several pages. The supporting documentation must be in the same file as the invoice.
- An e-mail may include several attachments.
- For attachments, we only accept TIFF or PDF (image) formats with a minimum resolution of 400 dpi. The following formats are also accepted: Word (2003, 2007, 2010), Excel (2003, 2007, 2010) and PDF (text).
- E-mails should not include logos or images.
- The supplier sending an e-mail is prepared to provide a paper original of the invoice, at Hydro-Québec's or SEBJ's request, for a period of seven years from the invoice date or three years from the end of the contract, whichever comes last.
- E-mails should be sent by the supplier (unless otherwise indicated by the customer) directly to: email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: if your contract also stipulates that you must send a paper or electronic copy of your invoices to another Hydro-Québec or SEBJ stakeholder, you must continue to do so.
After sending an invoice, you will receive confirmation of the receipt of your e-mail; however, if the content of the attachment does not respect the conditions listed above (e.g., one invoice per attachment), the invoice will not be processed and you will be informed via a second e-mail.
Information to include on the invoice
- Hydro-Québec or the Société d’énergie de la Baie-James (SEBJ) as customers (only these wordings are accepted);
- Under the Reference field of your invoice, indicate one of the following items of information that will have been provided to you by Hydro-Québec:
- the order number:
- series of 10 numbers beginning with 45, or
- series of 7 numbers beginning by 9 (for deliveries to our vehicle maintenance shops only) OR
- the alphanumeric reference (2 letters followed by 4 numbers).
- invoice date;
- invoice number;
- applicable taxes indicated separately with registration numbers;
- description of the goods or services provided;
- invoice amount;
- name and address of your company.
- If you are a non-resident of Canada:
- specify on the invoice the number of hours and amount of fee in respect of services rendered in Canada; and
- if no service was rendered in Canada, it must be indicated on the invoice the following mention "service rendered entirely outside of Canada".
© Hydro-Québec, 1996-2018. All rights reserved.