Construction – electricity transmission lines
Construction of underground transmission lines
Located in the heart of the city, this site requires exceptional coordination between Hydro-Québec and a multitude of stakeholders having to work simultaneously.
Description of the work
The construction work on the underground conduits that was undertaken in 2015 and 2016 has ended. In spring and summer 2017, Hydro-Québec will install and connect the cables from the underground chamber.
Cable installation in the underground conduits at manholes:
- From July 5 to August 11, 2017:
Saint-Antoine Street, between Sainte-Cécile and Boul. Robert-Bourassa [In French only]
- From August 14 to August 17 2017:
René-Lévesque Boulevard, between Parthenais Street and De Lorimier avenue [In French only]
- From August 18 to August 24 2017:
Cartier Street, between Sainte-Catherine Street and de Maisonneuve Boulevard [In French only]
- We will contact affected residents to announce the start of the work.
- Appropriate signage is in place for the duration of the work.
- Access to homes and businesses will be maintained at all times.
- No power interruption is anticipated during this project.