Assistance for persons with a disability
Persons with a hearing impairment that use a teletypewriter (TTY) or a telecommunication device for the deaf (TDD) can reach us through the Bell Relay Service by dialing 711 or by mail at the address indicated on the top part of their bill.
Persons with a visual impairment who need help reading their electricity bill can dial 1 888 385-7252 and a representative will assist them.
Assistance with the Web site
If there is content on our Web site that you can not access via adaptive technology, or if you are having trouble filling out a form on the site, we will gladly assist you.
Customer service or electricity service questions
For all aspects related to billing, moving, energy efficiency, connection, etc., please contact us by phone, Monday to
Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Montréal: 514 385-7252
Elsewhere in Québec, Canada or the U.S.: 1 888 385-7252
Assistance with job applications
If you are having trouble applying for a job online, you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com . You can also submit your documents by fax at 514 289-2078 or by mail at the following address:
Centre de recrutement
C.P. 11423, succursale Centre-ville
For all general questions about the company and its activities, please contact us by phone, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Montréal: 514 289-2316
Elsewhere : 1 855-525-4166
Accessibility of Hydro-Québec's Web site
Hydro-Québec wants to increase the accessibility of its Web site for all users, disabled or not. That is why the company is aligning its practices with the Web accessibility standards (link and standards in French only) adopted by the Québec government's Conseil du trésor.
- Standard sur l'accessibilité d'un site Web (SGQRI 008-01) [Standard for the accessibility of a Web site]
- Standard sur l'accessibilité d'un document téléchargeable (SGQRI 008-02) [Standard for the accessibility of a downloadable document]
- Standard sur l'accessibilité du multimédia dans un site Web (SGQRI 008-03) [Standard for the accessibility of Web site multimedia content]
Current situation of Hydro-Québec's Web site
Several rules that promote accessibility are already applied on the current site and result in the following:
- Site map
- Use of consistent navigation and presentation mechanisms in each section
- Use of header elements to provide document structure and division of information into blocks to make documents easier to consult
- Use of a character font that allows for easy text enlargement
- Use of a style sheets for uniform presentation on the site
- Use of an icon with replacement text to identify all links opening a new window
- Important non-text elements (photos, images, graphs, symbols, etc.) have a text equivalent
- Use of contrasting colors between background and text
- All information conveyed with color is also available without color
- No blinking or untimely movements
Some obstacles to accessibility remain, but Hydro-Québec is continuing its efforts to sustainably improve the accessibility of its Web site.
Action plan to achieve compliance with accessibility standards
Improvements will be implemented gradually as the site is redone. The sections aimed at our customers and the general public will be prioritized. Main upcoming activities and target dates:
- Personalized online services section: 2013
- Company section aimed at the general public: 2013
- Residential customer services information section: 2013
- Business customer services information section: 2013
The following software is used to verify accessibility:
- Modules for Firefox : Firebug, version 1.9, Web Developer Toolbar, version 1.1.9, Accessibility Toolbar, version 1.5.6, Accessibility Evaluator, version 220.127.116.11, HeadingsMap, version 1.05.7, NoSquint, version 2.1.5, Juicy Studio Accessibility Toolbar, version 1.7
- Color Contrast Analyser, version 1.2
- NVDA 2012.3
- Jaws 12