Administrative fees generally apply for any request that requires action by several Hydro-Québec representatives. The applicable amount is indicated in the acknowledgment of receipt of the authorization request.
Administrative fee structure:
- Distribution power lines: $250 (plus applicable taxes) to reduce or revoke a servitude, or to obtain a waiver of compliance
- Transmission lines and generating facilities:
- $250 (plus applicable taxes) for an individual (lease for residential purposes, permission), $500 (plus applicable taxes) for a business (permission)
- $500 (plus applicable taxes) for an individual or a business (lease for commercial purposes or to reduce or revoke a servitude)
- $500 (plus applicable taxes) for an individual or a business (land purchase)
- $250 (plus applicable taxes) for a new residential lease or a change of ownership
You must indicate whether the administrative fees will be paid by the applicant or by a representative of the applicant.
Administrative fees must be paid at the beginning of the process and are non-refundable should Hydro-Québec refuse the request or should the applicant withdraw it.