Hydro-Québec participates in numerous meetings and technical discussions with foreign companies or foreign-government representatives.
Activities in 2016
- Member of the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) that promotes sustainable energy development by means of knowledge-transfer projects and programs geared to the electricity sector in developing countries. In June 2016, Hydro-Québec CEO Éric Martel joined GSEP’s Board of Directors.
- Some 40 business meetings and site visits were conducted with energy-sector organizations or firms.
- Power generation facilities opened in Labrousse, Haiti, through our technical and financial contribution.
- We cooperated with Barki Tojik and Tajik Hydromet of Tajikistan regarding generating station operations, dam management and adaptation to climate change.
- We cooperated with ENDE Transmisión of Bolivia to optimize a new transmission line route and implement mitigation measures to protect three species of flamingos.
Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
Hydro-Québec is active in international electricity organizations, including the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP)that it helped to found in 1992. This organization promotes the use of sustainable energy in developing countries and has its General Secretariat in Montréal. In May 2017, Hydro-Québec will host the Partnership’s 26th summit during Montréal’s 375th anniversary celebrations. Executives from the largest electric utilities in Europe, Asia and the Americas will attend.