Hydro-Québec participates in numerous meetings and technical discussions with foreign companies or foreign-government representatives.
- We chaired the 26th Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership Summit.
- Hydro-Québec sits on the Board of Directors of the International Hydropower Association (IHA).
- We organized some 40 business meetings and facility tours with national and international energy sector associations and companies.
- We participated in various activities at the World Energy Council, World Economic Forum, Edison Electric Institute and National Hydropower Association.
- We provided financial assistance to help rebuild a power line in Labrousse (Haiti) damaged by hurricane Matthew.
- We provided financial support to the Institut de la Francophonie pour le développement durable.
Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
In 2017, Hydro-Québec hosted the 26th Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) Summit in Montréal. This event brought together the heads of the world’s leading power utilities, who discussed measures for making electricity an important vector of decarbonization.
GSEP members pledged to implement concrete solutions for tackling climate-related issues, including the introduction of low-carbon or carbon-neutral technologies, energy efficiency and the replacement of fossil fuels.
As part of its activities as a GSEP member, Hydro-Québec, in collaboration with the Italian company Enel, completed a feasibility study for a pilot project to integrate two electric buses in the Lima, Peru, public transit system in the summer of 2018.
The summit also provided opportunities for discussions with the heads of energy sector organizations, such as the International Energy Agency (IEA), the World Energy Council (WEC) and Ouranos, the consortium on regional climatology and adaptation to climate change.