Hydro-Québec fosters the development of young students by designing educational kits on electricity and making them available to teachers. Several aspects are addressed, including the environment, sustainability, energy efficiency, electrical safety and facility tours. These teaching kits are tailored to different levels of schooling ranging from kindergarten to high school and are provided free of charge.
Activities in 2016
- We gave 28 presentations on sustainability to college and university students (32 in 2015).
- A group of 21 students in the Des Moulins professional training centre electricity program toured the Judith-Jasmin substation.
- Our booth at the Eurêka! Festival welcomed over 3,500 kids aged 9 to 14.
- We gave a number of educational workshops to elementary and high school students.
- Two editorial features on our activities were published in the magazine Les Débrouillards.