We take concrete steps to reduce energy consumption by our facilities. The energy savings achieved mainly relate to lighting, ventilation and automated building systems.
We also rehabilitate and refit our generating stations to increase capacity and output, and implement measures to reduce energy losses on the power grid. Together, these efforts enable us to generate and deliver more energy for less.
|Average energy consumption||239||231||229||230|
- Since 1992, we’ve saved 108 GWh/year with the energy efficiency measures implemented in our administrative buildings.
- The Coteau-3 dam was equipped with a system to optimize gate heating, generating an energy gain of 1.78 GWh per year. (Montérégie)
- 26 sodium lamps were replaced by LED lamps at the Sainte-Marguerite-3 facility, resulting in energy savings of 57%. (Côte Nord)
- A heating system triggered by outdoor temperatures was installed at a spillway gate at the Première-Chute facility to reduce heating needs by 33%. (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)
- Refurbishment of the lighting systems to decrease energy consumption began at La Grande-3 and La Grande-4 generating stations. The annual savings are estimated at 6.3 GWh. (Nord-du-Québec)
- Replacing the turbine runner of a unit at Beauharnois generating station helped improve its performance and yielded power gains of 12 MW. (Montérégie)
- At Rapides-des-Quinze, replacing the turbine runner in one of its generating units resulted in power gains of 6.6 MW. (Abitibi-Témiscamingue)