Video: EV Ranges
The daily distance travelled to and from work by the average driver is around 40 km. The number of kilometres an all-electric vehicle can travel before it needs to be charged varies from 120 to over 350. Electric vehicle range depends on several factors:
- The vehicle’s battery capacity
- Whether heating or air-conditioning are used, as these systems can decrease range by up to 30%
- The owner’s driving style
Range in electric vehicles is constantly increasing thanks to improvements to battery performance.
Rebate on the purchase or lease of an electric vehicle
The Québec government provides a rebate for individuals, businesses, organizations and municipalities that want to purchase or lease an electric vehicle.
Rebate on the purchase or lease of a new electric vehicle
- Up to $8,000 on an all-electric vehicle
- Up to $8,000 on a plug-in electric vehicle
- Up to $2,000 on an electric motorcycle
Rebate on the purchase of a used electric vehicle
Up to $4,000 on the purchase of an eligible used all-electric vehicle