How do we collect your personal information?
In most cases we collect your personal information directly from you:
- When you contact customer services.
- When you use your Customer Space or our website.
- As part of our programs in which you participate.
- When you answer surveys or sign up for our digital communications.
- When you consume electricity in your home.
- When you visit our facilities.
Your personal information is usually collected by members of Hydro-Québec’s team. However, a third party may collect your personal information on our behalf, for example, when we conduct surveys. In this case we ask our service provider to inform you when it collects your personal information on behalf of Hydro-Québec.
Are you required to provide us with your personal information?
When we ask for your personal information, we let you know (unless it is obvious from the context) whether the information is mandatory and the implications of your refusal to provide the information.
For example, you are required to identify yourself and provide your contact information so that we can create a customer account for you. However, responding to our surveys is entirely optional.