To be eligible for Rate Flex D, you need to meet the following conditions:
- You must have a Rate D service contract with a maximum power demand of under 50 kW.
- Metering must be done by a single communicating meter installed by Hydro‑Québec.
- You must have created a Customer Space. For as long as you are signed up for this rate, you must provide a valid email address to which peak demand event notifications will be sent.
- You must not have canceled a Rate Flex D contract during the previous winter period.
- You must not be signed up for a Net Metering Option or the Winter Credit Option.
- You must not be served by an off-grid system.
Peak demand events
Peak demand events can take place weekdays from December 1 to March 31, from 6 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 8 p.m., excluding December 24, 25, 26 and 31, and January 1 and 2, as well as Good Friday and Easter Monday when they fall within the winter period.
- Maximum number of events per day: 2 events
- Minimum interval between 2 events: 7 hours
- Duration of an event: 3 or 4 hours
- Maximum total duration of events in the winter period: 100 hours
Peak demand event notifications
Hydro‑Québec will notify you by email, at the address provided in your Customer Space, no later than 5 p.m. the day before a peak demand event, indicating the event start and end times. It will also post all peak demand event notifications on its website, www.hydroquebec.com. Hydro‑Québec cannot be held responsible for nonreceipt of a notification due to the failure of systems or equipment belonging to you or your telecommunications provider.
Hydro‑Québec reserves the right to terminate your service contract at this rate if there are recurring problems in gathering hourly metering data.
You can cancel a Rate Flex D service contract at any time by calling Hydro‑Québec’s customer services. Your contract will then become subject to Rate D (base rate), if it is still eligible, or to any other rate for which it is eligible.