- Build, repair and modify overhead transmission or distribution lines.
- Work on live and de-energized lines, taking into account hazards and safety standards.
- Respond to emergency and outage calls.
- Vocational diploma (DEP in Québec) in power line construction
- At ease working at heights
- Class-3 driver’s license
- Urban and rural areas
- Remote regions
- Working mainly at heights
- Able to work outdoors under challenging weather conditions (extreme heat/cold)
To find out more
- Video about being a line worker (in French only)
- On top of the world: a 360° video experience with a line worker (in French only)
- Features in the magazine Les Débrouillards (Monteur de lignes, un métier pour grimper) [PDF – 641 KB] (in French only)
- Features in the magazine Curium (Ferais-tu un bon monteur ?) [PDF – 451 KB] (in French only)