Electricity is an extraordinary source of power that poses no danger when correctly used. Teach your students about safe habits to adopt when in the presence of electricity.
Introduce your three- to five-year-olds to electricity and safe practices. They’re not too young to learn about electricity! Check out our resources to help teach them about electric power and how to stay safe.
Discover our preschool educational kits
Hydro-Québec’s preschool educational kits are ready to use for kindergartens, early childhood centers and daycare centers. What’s more, they’re available free of charge to Québec educators wishing to introduce their class to different electrical concepts.
Electricity for ages 3 to 5
This material has been designed specifically with the goal of introducing 3-5-year-olds to basic electrical concepts and safe habits.
A host of information on the amazing world of energy is right at your fingertips. To enhance your activity or simply find out more, take a look!
- Understanding electricity playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- History and Heritage playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- Safety near power lines and hydropower facilities playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- Virtual reality visit of Robert-Bourassa generating facility
- Virtual reality visit of Daniel-Johnson dam and Manic-5 generating station
- On top of the world: a 360° video experience with a line worker [in French only]
- Understanding power outages
- Hydro-Québec’s YouTube channel
Photos and illustrations
Documents and posters
- Electricity from the power station to the home [PDF 16.4 MB]
- "Electricity: from the power station to the home" poster – without text [PDF 112 KB – in French only]
- "Electricity: from the power station to the home" poster – with text [PDF 181 KB – in French only]
Energy efficiency digital games*
*For an optimal gaming experience, use recent versions of browsers such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer. Avoid using the Chrome browser as it no longer supports games developed in HTML.
Sorry! No training is currently on offer.
However, you can visit our power plants and interpretation centers at any time. Our tours are packed with information and our guides are ready to answer your every question. Better yet, the tours are free!
Sorry! We don’t have any contests at the moment. Sign up for our Teachers Newsletter to stay in the know about our new educational offers.
There aren’t any events right now.