Why shouldn’t we waste electricity, even if it’s a renewable resource? Use these activities to get the idea across to your students in a way they can understand.
Plunge into the fascinating world of Hydro-Québec! From videos to field trips, our educational resources are designed to stimulate your students’ imaginations and intellects. Using our materials to teach your students about electricity is sure to be a winning approach!
The 360° video experience in the classroom
In just a few seconds, journey to the heart of the taiga and take your students on a virtual tour of the Robert-Bourassa facility, including the world’s largest underground hydropower generating station.
It’s an excellent way to discover the main structures that make up a hydropower facility.
A host of information on the amazing world of energy is right at your fingertips. To enhance your activity or simply find out more, take a look!
- Interactive animation that explains how a hydropower generating station works
- Understanding electricity playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- History and Heritage playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- Safety near power lines and hydropower facilities playlist from Hydro-Québec YouTube channel
- Virtual reality visit of Robert-Bourassa generating facility
- Virtual reality visit of Daniel-Johnson dam and Manic-5 generating station
- On top of the world: a 360° video experience with a line worker [in French only]
- Understanding power outages
- Hydro-Québec’s YouTube channel
Photos and illustrations
Documents and posters
- Electricity from the power station to the home [PDF 16.4 MB]
- "Electricity: from the power station to the home" poster – without text [PDF 623 KB]
- "Electricity: from the power station to the home" poster – with text [PDF 671 KB]
A visit to our generating stations, dams and interpretation centers is a great way to learn about Québec’s industrial history and heritage, demystify electrical energy — and witness hydropower generation in real time!
Sorry! No training is currently on offer.
However, you can visit our power plants and interpretation centers at any time. Our tours are packed with information and our guides are ready to answer your every question. Better yet, the tours are free!
Sorry! We don’t have any contests at the moment. Sign up for our Teachers Newsletter to stay in the know about our new educational offers.
There aren’t any events right now.
Sign up for our Teachers Newsletter
Be the first to find out about new resources: free educational materials, contests, games and tours tailored to teaching programs.