Our Sustainable Development Plan 2020-2024
To guide us forward, we’ve drawn up the Sustainable Development Plan 2020–2024.
Structured around the three pillars of Governance, Community and Environment, this ambitious Sustainable Development Plan lays out 12 strategies linked to specific improvement targets and performance indicators.
The effects of climate change are significant, and we are working hard to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
In North America, our electricity exports enable us to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. But that’s not all we do: our goal is also to decarbonize Québec’s economy while incorporating environmental management and biodiversity preservation into all our activities.
In this section, you will find information on the following topics:
Our projects and activities affect your daily life.
We put every effort into ensuring that our facilities blend into the surrounding environment as seamlessly as possible. We take the expectations expressed by the communities concerned into account and adapt our projects as much as possible. In this way, we strive to ensure that our activities ae socially acceptable and generate economic spinoffs throughout Québec.
In this section you will find information on the following topics:
Want to find out more?
- Sustainability Report 2018 [PDF 17,5 MB]
- Summary 2018 [PDF 447 kB]
- Sustainability Report 2017 [PDF 17,5 MB]
- Summary 2017 [PDF 292 kB]
- Sustainability Report 2016 [PDF 11,8 MB]
- Summary 2016 [PDF 1 MB]
- Sustainability Report 2015 [PDF 11,8 MB]
- Summary 2015 [PDF 978 kB]
- Sustainability Report 2014 [PDF 9,7 MB]
- Summary 2014 [PDF 2,58 MB]
- Sustainable Development Plan
- Biodiversity Performance Report
- Summaries of environmental knowledge
- Net reservoir evaporation
- Greenhouse gas emissions and reservoirs
- GHG emissions and Hydro-Québec electricity
- Hydro-Québec and the mercury issue
- Hydroelectric developments and fish
- Life cycle assessment at Hydro-Québec
- Environmental follow-up
- Renewable energy sources: current state of knowledge
Questions about sustainable development?