Get financial assistance by reducing the power demand of one or more of your buildings during Hydro-Québec’s winter peak times.
The Demand Response (DR) program has been renewed for winter 2019–2020 under the following terms:
- The amount of financial assistance remains $70/kW.
- Only participants declared eligible for the winter 2018–2019 program may participate again in 2019–2020.
- For the 2019–2020 winter period, the financial support received by each participant shall not exceed the support received in winter 2017–2018.
Over the next few days, we will contact all customers who took part in the Demand Response program in winter 2018–2019 to invite them to renew their participation by October 4, 2019.
Financial assistance: $70Note 1 x the eligible power (kW)
1. The unit amount for the 2019–2020 winter period.
Difference between the reference power and the real power.
A three- or four-hour period over which the participant was asked in advance by Hydro-Québec to decrease the power demand recorded by the meters linked to the project.
Video: Hydro-Québec’s Demand Response Program
- A substantial amount in recurring financial assistance each year
- Minimal investment
- Streamlined registration
- Voluntary participation
- No contract to sign
- No penalty if reduction target not met
- Minimum amount granted if Hydro-Québec issues no Demand Response notice during the winter season
New ways of doing things that pay off!
Here are a few examples to give you an idea of how much you could receive.
Project 1: A meter is associated with the project, and you participate in the eight Demand Response events announced by Hydro-Québec. Based on the average power demand reduction achieved for the eight events and the unit amount established, you receive $36,890.*
See sample calculations and other examples: Sample calculations of financial assistance amounts [PDF 67 Kb - in French only].
*Some conditions apply. Refer to the Participant’s Guide [PDF 783 Kb - in French only].
Take a look at these video testimonials from our customers!
Video: Sainte-Justine university hospital’s experience with the Demand Response Program
Video: Complexe Desjardins’s experience with the Demand Response Program
For further information, see the Participant’s Guide [PDF 783 Kb - in French only]. In order to obtain financial assistance (which will be paid to you once your project is completed), make sure both the building and the project you are submitting are eligible for the program.
Have questions and would like to talk to someone about your project? Contact one of our experts.
Got a project planned?Do it with advice from our experts
How can we help you?
Have any questions? Call or email us