- New file charge (new customer) $50
- File administration charge (change to current customer’s account) $20
- Charge for insufficient funds – Charges are also applied each time your cheque, online payment or preauthorized debit is refused by your financial institution $10
- Administration charges –
If your payment is late, Hydro-Québec applies administration charges to the unpaid portion of your bill. These charges are calculated using the interest rate in effect on the due date, from that date until your payment is received.
Electricity supply charges
- Establishing service (during regular hours) $361
- Travel without establishing service $172
- At delivery point $50
- Other $361
Next-generation meters – Costs associated with opting out
- Initial installation charge
- Request submitted by the date on the installation notice $15
- Request submitted after the date on the installation notice $85
- Meter-reading charge $5 per month
Fee for connection to the Hydro-Québec system
If connecting your electrical installation entails extending or modifying the distribution system:
Electricity rates – 2017 Edition
Any person or corporation not responsible for an electrical service contract in Québec within the past 5 years is deemed to be a new customer.
During regular hours
If work has to be done outside Hydro-Québec’s regular business hours, you will be billed accordingly.