Charges and rates approved by the Régie de l’énergie
Charges related to electricity service are reviewed annually and approved by the Régie de l'énergie [Québec energy board]. The terms and conditions are the same for all customers, no matter what their service contract rate. The most common charges are described below.
- Contract administration charge
- For request submitted through self-service No cost
- For request submitted by other means $25
- Charge for work (during regular working hours)
- Remote No cost At the meter $140 On the system $360
- Charge for travel without work $170
- Meter inaccessibility charge $85
- Monthly meter reading charge (according to billing cycle) $2.50
- Initial installation charge $85
- Charge for insufficient funds (per rejected transaction) $10
If your payment is late, Hydro‑Québec applies administration charges to the unpaid portion of your bill. These charges are calculated using the interest rate in effect on the due date, from that date until your payment is received.
Fee for connection to the Hydro‑Québec system
If connecting your electrical installation entails extending or modifying the distribution line:
- You may in some cases have to pay for part or all of the work specified in the Conditions of Service [PDF 4.55 Mb].
- Some refunds may apply.
Conditions of Service | 2018 edition
For more information, consult our Conditions of Service [PDF 4.55 Mb].
Regular working hours
If service has to be restored outside Hydro-Québec’s regular working hours, you will be billed an additional amount, depending on the situation.