Get a rebate on the purchase and installation of efficient piglet warmers
|Product Type||Purchase rebate|
|Efficient piglet warmer||$163|
The rebate claim must total at least $2,000 and be calculated using the required tool: Piglet warmer form [XLS – 142 Ko - in French only].
The products must be new and purchased in Québec.
There is no official list of Hydro-Québec-approved piglet warmers. You are entirely free to choose the products to buy, provided that they meet the following criteria:
- The warmer must be covered
- It must have an infrared lamp
- It must have intelligent control to regulate lamp intensity according to piglet skin temperature
- It must have an infrared sensor in each creep area.
Quick and easy
Quick and easy rebate on purchase and installation
- Use 74% less energy than with infrared lamps with no intelligent control
- Less power required to keep the piglets warm, thanks to the infrared sensors, which measure the body temperature of each piglet and send this information to the intelligent control that regulates lamp intensity
- Lower rate of piglet mortality due to crushing
- Protection against drafts coming up through grating
Precise temperature control
Greater comfort and warmth adjusted to the age and weight of each piglet, thanks to infrared sensors
Take part in the program
Refer to the Rebate Guide to find out how to implement your project. In it, you will find information about the eligibility requirements and the procedure to submit a request. The Participant undertakes to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in force in Québec.Rebate Guide [PDF 362 Ko - in French only]
Documents and Tools
Note: Before you make any purchases, make sure that the lighting products are on one of the eligible product lists. Distributors, master electricians and manufacturers can no longer register themselves or their products under the Program.
In order to receive a rebate under the Piglet Warmer Component of the Efficient Farming Products Program, you must submit your claim and include proofs of purchase and installation after the products have been installed no later than six months after the date of purchase. No request received after this period will be accepted. The rebate must total at least $2,000. The steps to follow are detailed in the Rebate Guide.
How can we help?
Questions? Want to discuss a project?