There’s power in numbers.
Here are some of ours!
99.9% clean energy
Produce nearly 45% of all hydropower generated in Canada
4.3 million customers across Québec
Total assets: US$61 billion
Over 19,800 employees
State-of-the-art transmission system: 21,400 miles of high-voltage lines
of installed capacity
of solid partnership with the US
Source: Hydro-Québec, 2017
Research and innovation
A ranking published in 2017 by Re$earch Infosource lists Hydro-Québec as the #1 in the Electrical Power & Utilities category among Canada’s top 100 corporate R&D spenders, thanks to IREQ, our world-class research institute.
IREQ is a true technological leader with its 500+ researchers and technicians in specialized fields, such as:
- Pioneering grid-scale energy storage
- Supercomputer architecture for scientific purposes
- Hybrid architecture
- Operation/monitoring/evolution of supercomputers
- Use of advanced HPC technology
- Local and distributed parallel computing (strongly and loosely coupled)
Québec: A strategic move
With an abundance of standout talent and a high concentration of technology and media industries, Québec is strategically positioned as North America’s East coast hub. Major players set up shop in Québec through existing colocation companies.
20 years of solid partnerships with the US
For the past two decades, Hydro-Québec has been a proud business partner of New York State and New England, selling clean, reliable and competitively priced electricity to these US wholesale markets.
An active member of major power industry organizations
- Rocky Mountain Institute
- Canadian Hydropower Association
- International Hydropower Association
- Energy Council of Canada
- International Council on Large Electric Systems (CIGRE)
- World Energy Council
- Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (formerly known as the e8)
Your partner for the long run
Ready to make a move? Discover how Hydro-Québec moves with you, every step of the way.