Join the investigation!
With Inspector 00Watt and his toolkit full of scientific investigations, games and experiments, show your students how they can become energy efficiency ambassadors.
Spread over five weeks, this project helps students learn how hydroelectricity is generated, grasp the amount of energy we consume and discover how to avoid wasting resources.
Aimed at grades 5 and 6, the 00Watt Toolkit is takes a playful, interactive approach to learning and meets the requirements of the Québec Education Program.
Want to be ready for when your kit arrives? Discover the toolkit’s downloadable materials and digital games.
- “Energy is Neither Created Nor Destroyed” film [QuickTime version – 430 MB]
- “Energy is Neither Created Nor Destroyed” film [Windows Media Player version – 202 MB]
- Doing something for the planet doesn't require too much energy!
Student assessment tools
- Student evaluation 1 [PDF 413 KB]
- Student evaluation 2 [PDF 1 MB]
- Tests and answer sheets available on USB key in the toolkit case.
For an optimal gaming experience, use recent versions of browsers such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer. Avoid using the Chrome browser as it no longer supports games developed in HTML. Copy and paste one of the game URLs below into your browser.
The 00Watt Toolkit can be lent out to Elementary Cycle 3 teachers at Québec schools for a five-week period. Reservations are managed for Hydro-Québec by Réseau Technoscience, which has branches across Québec. A limited number of kits are available from each branch. To reserve a kit, please contact the branch nearest you.
Get in touch!