BEFORE putting in a pool, putting up a fence, planting a tree or shrub—in other words, before doing any digging—find out whether there are underground utilities nearby.
You just have to file a single request, and Info-Excavation will check for possible hazards with all its member utilities: power, natural gas, telephone, cable TV, etc.
- Info-Excavation services are free throughout Québec.
- Allow 72 hours for your request to be processed.
- Allow three business days if a pipeline is involved, because you’ll need to obtain written authorization from the company that operates the pipeline.
- Emergency service is provided for excavation work to maintain or restore essential services or prevent a potential danger to the public.
If necessary, the utilities affected by your work will arrange appointments to locate and flag pipe and cable locations.
This fast, free service will keep you and your neighbors safe, protect the environment and ensure there is no interruption in services.
If you don’t check before you dig, you run all kinds of risks:
- Interrupting essential services
- Causing major property damage
- Contaminating the environment
- Being liable for someone’s injury or death