You must submit your request to Hydro‑Québec, indicating your proposed interruptible power, before October 1.
Conditions of application
|Conditions||Option I||Option II|
|Advance notice – Weekdays||2 hours||15:00 the preceding day|
|Advance notice – Weekends||15:30 the preceding day||N/A|
|Maximum number of interruptions per day||2||2|
|Minimum interval between 2 interruptions in the same day||4 hours||6 hours|
|Maximum number of interruptions per winter period||20||25|
|Duration of an interruption||4‑5 hours||4 hours|
|Maximum duration of interruptions per winter period||100 hours||100 hours|
Interruptions can occur:
- option I : at any time in the winter period;
- option II : between 06:00 and 10:00 or between 16:00 and 20:00, weekdays in the winter period, excluding statutory holidays.
- $13.00 per kilowatt for the difference between the average hourly power during useable hours and the base power.
- 20.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each of the first 20 interruption hours;
- 25.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each hour between the 21st and the 40th interruption hours inclusive; and
- 30.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each of the 60 subsequent interruption hours.
If you don’t honor the terms of your agreement, you will be subject to a penalty.
For more information
If you have any questions about these rate options, contact your commercial officer or designated agent. You can also reach our Business customer services at 1 800 463‑9900 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These explanations have been simplified. For more details about the interruptible electricity option for medium‑power customers, consult section 7 of chapter 4 of the Electricity Rates [PDF 4,54 Mo], approved by the Régie de l’énergie.
The maximum power that the customer commits not to exceed during an interruption period.
Period from December 1 through March 31 of the next year, inclusive.
Average hourly power
The value in kilowatts of the average of the real power demands of four 15-minute integration periods.
Effective hourly interruptible power
For each interruption hour, the difference between:
- the product of the maximum power and the contribution coefficient for the consumption period in question; and
- the average hourly power.
All hours from 06:00 to 10:00 and from 16:00 to 20:00, excluding:
- Saturdays and Sundays;
- December 24, 25, 26 and 31, January 1 and 2, as well as Good Friday and Easter Monday, when the latter fall within the winter period;
- days when the customer curtails its power in accordance with this section.