If you are a Rate M, G9 or LG customer and can exercise some load-shaving capability at Hydro‑Québec’s request, these options offer a great opportunity for you to save money on your winter electricity bill.
With the Interruptible Electricity Options, Hydro‑Québec offers you credits in exchange for curtailing your electricity consumption at its request.
These options were developed to help balance electricity supply and demand in Québec. By limiting your power consumption during the periods requested by Hydro‑Québec, you contribute to a wiser use of our collective resources. In return, Hydro‑Québec pays you the equivalent of what it spends when it buys power on open markets.
You must submit your request to Hydro‑Québec, indicating your proposed interruptible power, before October 1.
Conditions of application
|Conditions||Option I||Option II|
|Advance notice – Weekdays||2 hours||15:00 the preceding day|
|Advance notice – Weekends||15:30 the preceding day||N/A|
|Maximum number of interruptions per day||2||2|
|Minimum interval between 2 interruptions in the same day||4 hours||6 hours|
|Maximum number of interruptions per winter period||20||25|
|Duration of an interruption||4–5 hours||4 hours|
|Maximum duration of interruptions per winter period||100 hours||100 hours|
Interruptions can occur:
- Option I: at any time in the winter period;
- Option II: between 06:00 and 10:00 or between 16:00 and 20:00 weekdays in the winter period, excluding statutory holidays.
- $13.00 per kilowatt for the difference between the average hourly power during useable hours and the base power.
- 20.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each of the first 20 interruption hours;
- 25.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each hour between the 21st and the 40th interruption hours inclusive; and
- 30.00¢ per kilowatthour of effective hourly interruptible power for each of the 60 subsequent interruption hours.
If you don’t honor the terms of your agreement, you will be subject to a penalty.
For more information
If you have any questions about these rate options, contact your commercial officer or designated agent. You can also reach our Business customer services by phone at 1 800 463‑9900 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information has been simplified. For more details about the Interruptible Electricity Options for medium-power customers and for Rate LG customers, consult the following sections of the Electricity Rates, approved by the Régie de l’énergie:
- Medium-power customers: Section 6 of Chapter 4 of the Electricity Rates [PDF 4.83 MB]
- Rate LG customers: Section 4 of Chapter 6 of the Electricity Rates [PDF 4.83 MB]