Hilo is a Hydro Québec subsidiary that offers a complete smart energy service for your home and business. With its smart home offering, Hilo provides tailored coaching to help you use energy responsibly, thanks to a home-grown app, available wherever you are. Saving money and the environment? Easy peasy.
Get free installation of our smart energy service.
- Optimized consumption for lower electricity bills.
- Completed Hilo challenges earn cash rewards of $100 on average each winter.
- Discounts on smart home products and free installation (with commitment to participate in challenges).
- A connected home that is adapted to your needs and controlled by a single app, for more comfort and efficiency.
- Coaching every step of the way (from product installation to participation in Hilo challenges).
What’s a Hilo challenge?
Hilo challenges are occasional events meant to reduce energy use during a winter peak period. During a challenge, the app sets automatic thermostat actions to reduce the set temperature for a few hours, while minimizing discomfort. A preheating option is available. You can expect about 30 challenges each winter and will receive monetary rewards for each challenge you complete.
$100 discount for the first 3,500 customers.
Why set up this subsidiary?
In addition to providing clean, renewable and reliable power for over 75 years:
- Hydro-Québec is constantly reinventing itself, renewing itself and innovating as the world looks for solutions during the energy transition.
- As a resolutely customer-facing utility, Hydro-Québec set up an innovative, dynamic, daring new company that is very much of its time: Hilo.
Hydro Québec had two goals in launching Hilo:
- Engage fully in the energy transition by affirming the value of our clean energy through products and services offerings resulting from rapid advances in new smart technologies.
- Simplify the energy management of Québec homes and businesses thanks to the technologies of the future.
Hilo: Energy just got smarter.
To find out what Hilo has to offer, go to hiloenergy.com and follow the Hilo Facebook page (French only).