Hydro-Québec launched this request for proposals in accordance with these Régie de l’énergie’s decisions: D‑2019‑052 [PDF 1 MB – in French only], D‑2019‑07 [PDF 160 kB – in French only], D‑2019‑119 [PDF 1 MB – in French only]
Hydro-Québec is launching this request for proposals in accordance with the Régie de l’énergie’s Decision D‑2019‑052 [PDF 1 MB – in French only].
At least 50 MW of this 300‑MW block must be allocated to projects of 5 MW or less.
Hydro-Québec has retained the services of Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton to assist in the tendering process and to act as its official representative.
Project proposals are assessed on the basis of the economic and environmental criteria set out below:
- Number of direct jobs in Québec/MW (30%)
- Total payroll of direct jobs in Québec/MW (30%)
- Capital investment in Québec/MW (30%)
- Energy savings ratio (avoided electricity use through heat recovery/total electricity use) (10%)
All bids selected through this request for proposals will be subject to the Rates and conditions of service for cryptographic use applied to blockchains [PDF 318 kB].
The dates provided below are for information purposes only and are subject to change.
- Registration open June 13, 2019
Deadline for submitting the request for proposals registration form
(Notice of Intent to Bid) * October 18, 2019
- Deadline for submitting questions * October 23, 2019
- Bid submission deadline * October 31, 2019
*Before 4 p.m., Montréal time
How to bid
- Download and read the RFP documents, including all Addenda.
- Fill out and send the Registration Form, along with the registration fee, to the address below, marked “CONFIDENTIAL: REGISTRATION.”
- Complete the Tender Form and send it, along with your bid bond, to the address below, marked “CONFIDENTIAL: BID.”
Address for all correspondence
HYDRO-QUÉBEC / AP 2019‑01 – Blockchain
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton
Re: Hydro-Québec Distribution / Request for Proposals A/P 2019‑01 – Blockchain
600, rue de la Gauchetière Ouest, bureau 2000
Montréal (Québec) H3B 4L8
For detailed information, please refer to the Request for proposals documents.