Get a rebate on the purchase and installation of fans
Add some new high-efficiency fans to your equipment, or replace your current fans with high-efficiency models. Two types of fans are eligible for the rebate.
|Cooling fan (tunnel or longitudinal ventilation) – 36 to 61 inches||$3/in. depending on the diameter|
|Fans used for exhaust or side air – 8 to 36 inches||$3/in. depending on the diameter|
¹ The rebate claim must total at least $100.
To find out which fans are eligible, visit the Bioenviromental and Structural Systems Laboratory (BESS Lab) list and the University of Illinois' Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering Web site.
Fans used for recirculation are not eligible.
The fans must comply with the stipulated technical requirements with regard to the flow coefficient and the coefficient of performance indicated in the following columns:
- flow coefficient indicated in the Air Flow Ratio column: this minimum flow coefficient must be equal to or higher than 0.70;
- coefficient of performance indicated in the VER column (ventilation efficiency ratio) (cfm/W) 0.10" SP - tested at a static pressure of 0.10 inches of water. The result must be equal to or higher than the following formula:
0.3 ft3/min/W/in. x diameter in inches + 4 ft3/min/W.
Consult the chart to determine the minimum performance based on the diameter.
Not sure if a fan is eligible? Call us at 1 800 463‑9900.
Quick and easy
- Quick and easy rebate on purchase and installation
- Shorter payback period for your investment
Energy savings of more than 20% over the life of the fan
- Better, more consistent mechanical performance
- Greater durability
- Optimal year-round comfort
To find out how you can improve the comfort and health of your animals all while saving energy, see the Farm building ventilation brochure [PDF 4 MB – in French only].
Take part in the program
Refer to the Rebate Guide to find out how to implement your project. In it, you will find information about the eligibility requirements and the procedure to submit a request. The Participant undertakes to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in force in Québec.Rebate Guide [PDF 1.67 MB – in French only]
Documents and Tools
Use the Efficient Farming Products – Rebate Claim [PDF 1.32 MB – in French only] form to submit a rebate claim. This form must be opened using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
Notice to Google Chrome users
Google Chrome does not display XFA-based PDF forms.
You can configure Chrome to open PDF files using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat by following these steps:
- Paste the following URL into your Chrome address bar: chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments.
- Adjust the slider to the right to activate downloading PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
Important: Make sure that you have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
Note: Distributors, master electricians and manufacturers can no longer register themselves or their products under the Program.
To receive a rebate under the Fan Component of the Efficient Farming Products Program, you must submit your claim and include proofs of purchase and installation within six months of the date of purchase. Requests received after this period will not be accepted. The rebate claim must total at least $100, and the total acquisition cost (before-tax purchase and installation cost) of the efficient product(s) covered by this component must be greater than the amount of the rebate.
See the Rebate Guide [PDF 1.67 MB – in French only] to find out how to claim your rebate.