Opt for the purchase and installation of an electric thermal storage heating system combined with a central heat pump and receive $22,000 in financial assistance from Hydro‑Québec
Stay in the know about the launch of the LogisVert Efficient Homes Program before having an electric thermal storage system installed. To learn more, contact one of the companies on the Liste des entreprises autorisées Steffes [PDF 114 kB].
However, if you have already had an electric thermal storage system installed, please click on the “Financial assistance” tab and follow the instructions in Step 2 to obtain your rebate.
Hydro-Québec provides financial assistance in the amount of $22,000 for the purchase and installation of an electrical thermal storage (ETS) heating system and central heat pump.*
Detailed instructions are available in the participant’s guide of the LogisVert efficient homes program at LogisVert Efficient Homes Program
The requirements of the offer for the purchase and installation of a central heating system with electric thermal storage were modified on April 1, 2023. If you applied to the program before then, refer to the transitional rules below.
You applied for qualification for the program before April 1, 2023, and haven’t undertaken the work yet.
If you filed your application before April 1, 2023, and it was accepted by Hydro-Québec, you may proceed with the work under the new terms and conditions. Make sure the amount of the financial assistance is clearly indicated on the installer’s invoice and deducted from the total amount.
You applied for qualification for the program and carried out the work before April 1, 2023, but the amount of the financial assistance wasn’t applied to the installer’s invoice.
If you filed your application before April 1, 2023, and it was accepted by Hydro-Québec, you have until June 30, 2024, to send in a rebate claim along with a document attesting to the system’s installation and the invoice to DEE_BPGI_Appui_Financier@hydro.qc.ca. The terms and conditions in effect on the date the system was installed shall apply.
The Québec government also offers financial assistance that could help lower the cost of replacing your oil or propane furnace. More information is available on the Chauffez vert website.
- Live in the province of Québec, in areas served by a certified Steffes installer. (List of Steffes authorized installers [PDF 114 kB])
- Own a single-family home (detached/semi-detached/row house) or a plex in which the forced-air system serves only one unit.
- Be the owner of the premises where the system is to be installed
- Have a forced-air central heating system
- Have an easy-to-access basement with a concrete floor
- Be a Rate D or DT customer
- Have a communicating meter
- Have a Customer Space account on Hydro-Québec’s website
Email Hydro‑Québec (address below) the following documents within 12 months of receiving your confirmation of eligibility:
- The Rebate Form [PDF 731 KB], duly completed and signed by participant. If you’d like to sign up for Rate Flex D at that time, indicate this in the space provided on the form.
- The Installation Certificate [PDF 708 KB], duly completed and signed by installer
- A copy of the invoice attesting to the purchase and installation of a central heating ETS system and of the eligible heat pump (optional) and including the following:
- Invoice number
- Installation address
- Installation date
- Installer’s name
- Installer’s GST/QST numbers
- Make and model of the Electric Thermal Storage unit (and the heat pump, if applicable)
- A photo of the heat pump and the label containing the unit’s model number
- Proof of payment (e.g., “PAID” marked on the bill)
Please note that purchase orders and delivery slips shall not be accepted in place of an invoice.
Send your documents by email to: DEE_BPGI_Appui_Financier@hydro.qc.ca
Hydro-Québec will process your application within eight weeks. You will receive the $10,000 rebate once your application is confirmed as being complete, duly signed and accompanied by the requested documents.
For the rebate offered by the Québec government’s Chauffez vert program to those who converted their oil or propane central‑heating system to electricity, requests must be made to the Government of Québec by filling out the online form on the following page:
If you choose to install central heating with electric thermal storage, we recommend signing up for Rate Flex D, the registration period for which is from April 1 to November 20 each year. You could save approximately $200 to $300, if not more, every year on your electricity bill in comparison with the base rate (Rate D).
However, if your request to change rate is submitted between November 21 and March 31, your registration will be postponed until the next sign-up period, from April 1 to November 20. Please note that Rate DT (dual-energy) customers who switch to Rate Flex D may need to have their meters changed.
The rest of the year: Rate D (base rate) prices apply.