If you have supplied goods or services to Hydro-Québec or Société d’énergie de la Baie James (SEBJ), here’s how to prepare and submit an invoice.
Preparing an invoice
- Address your invoice to Hydro-Québec or Société d’énergie de la Baie James (SEBJ), as the case may be. Any other wording will result in your invoice being rejected.
- In the “Reference” field, enter the purchase order number or alphanumeric reference provided by Hydro-Québec.
- Purchase order number
- 10 digits, starting with 45 (required if you have a blanket contract)
- For deliveries to our vehicle maintenance shops only:
- 7 digits, starting with 9
- 8 digits, starting with 19
- Alphanumeric reference (CII)
- 2 letters followed by 4 digits
- Purchase order number
If you haven’t received a P.O. number or an alphanumeric reference (CII), contact the person at Hydro-Québec or SEBJ who requested the goods or services.
You must also include the following information:
- Invoice date
- Invoice number
- Applicable taxes, listed separately, with registration numbers
- Description of the goods or services provided
- Invoice amount
- Company’s name and address
- Any other information that could expedite processing of your invoice. You need not indicate the holdback amount on your bill. It will be applied in accordance with the terms of your contract.
Nonresidents of Canada
- Specify the number of hours and the amount charged for services rendered in Canada
- If no services were rendered in Canada, write “All services rendered outside Canada”
Submitting an invoice
Follow these instructions to submit your invoice.
- Send your invoice by e-mail to the appropriate address:
- You’ll receive an acknowledgment of receipt.
- Send the invoice as an e-mail attachment.
- An invoice may have several pages.
- Each attachment must consist of only one invoice, including supporting documents.
- Attachments may be PDF (image) or TIFF files, with a minimum resolution of 400 dpi. The following formats are also accepted: Word (2003, 2007, 2010), Excel (2003, 2007, 2010) and PDF (text).
- There may be more than one attachment (one invoice and supporting documents per attachment).
- E-mail should not include logos or images.
- Send the e-mail to the appropriate address.
Be prepared to provide a hard copy original of the invoice for up to seven years from the invoice date or three years from the end of the contract, whichever is later.
If the attachments do not follow the rules set out above, your invoice will not be processed. In that case, you’ll receive an e-mail notice.
If your contract says that you must also send a print or electronic copy of your invoices to another representative at Hydro-Québec or SEBJ, you must continue to do so.