Want to innovate and help your company thrive? We can help!
Hydro-Québec wants to spur technological and business development by getting involved in the critical steps. We want to stimulate interventions downstream of research and development (R&D) and upstream of commercialization.
We offer financial assistance to customers who want to test the technical or commercial viability of innovative energy-saving or power demand optimization measures.
Your project must propose measures to acquire technological and business data and demonstrate the benefits and business relevance of these measures.
The proposed technologies and strategies must offer:
- An interesting market potential for Québec
- See your project become profitable more quickly.
- Help make the company more competitive.
- Become recognized as an innovative firm.
- In some cases, receive technical support from Hydro-Québec.
- Based on the nature of the project:
- Enjoy long-term electricity savings
- Optimize power demand management
total eligible cost, up to a ceiling of $500,000
Take part in the program
Refer to the Participant’s Guide for more information about the eligibility requirements and how to submit a request.
Have questions and would like to talk to someone about your project? Contact one of our experts
Project outline [PDF 1,2 Mo – in French only]
This form must be opened using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat.
Notice to Google Chrome users
Google Chrome does not display XFA-based PDF forms.
You can configure Chrome to open PDF files using Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat by following these steps:
- Paste the following URL into your Chrome address bar: chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments.
- Adjust the slider to the right to activate downloading PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome.
Important: Make sure that you have Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer.
- Form — Supporting document for developing a technology and business demonstration project [PDF 818 Ko – in French only]
- Sample contract project [PDF 350 Ko – in French only]
Technology and Business Demonstration (TBD) projects must explore proven, yet little-known, technologies whose viability in Québec has yet to be established. The project must focus on at least one of the following areas:
- Use of a new technology
- The new application or improvement of an existing technology
- Adoption of an innovative business strategy
Electricity generation or self-generation projects are not eligible.
Note: Approved TBD demonstration projects may not be submitted for another Hydro-Québec energy efficiency program.
- Projects already submitted or accepted under any of Hydro-Québec’s energy efficiency programs
- Projects whose technology is at the R&D stage
- R&D or business start-up projects
- Projects aiming solely to advertise, promote or market a project or technology