In addition to the showerhead, our kits include:
- One swivel kitchen faucet aerator;
- One bathroom faucet aerator;
- Teflon tape;
- One five-minute shower timer;
- One flow meter bag.
Do you manage fewer than 50 rental units?
Landlords and managers who own or manage fewer than 50 rental units can join together to place an order and qualify for the savings available on the purchase of 50 kits or more. Separate invoices are available upon request.
For more information on group purchases, contact Solutions Ecofitt, Hydro-Québec’s service provider, at 514 677-0099 or toll-free at 1 855 882-0099.
Why choose our kits?
Our kits of water- and energy-saving products are a cost-effective purchase in that they make your rental units more energy efficient. They also enhance the value of your buildings and make them more appealing to tenants. If the cost of electricity is included in the rent, you will also increase your profits by reducing your Hydro-Québec bill.
Discover all the advantages of these products:
- The price of our kits of water- and energy-saving products is much lower than that offered by retailers. And the more you buy for your rental units, the lower their unit price.
- The showerheads and faucet aerators in our kits are covered by a 10-year warranty. Our showerheads are made of ABS thermoplastic, a corrosion- and impact-resistant material.
- If you pay the electricity in your rental units, recoup your investment in less than five months and see how much you could save annually. If your tenants pay the electricity bill, you will be helping them save over $100 per year (for a family of four).
- Our kits are shipped to a single address. At your request, showerheads can be packed in a box separate from aerators and shower timers for easier distribution and installation in your units.
- Showerheads and faucet aerators can be installed quickly and easily using the instructions provided in the kit. We even have a video tutorial to help you out.
- By optimizing hot water consumption in your rental units, you reduce the risk of breakdowns and extend the lifespan of your hot water heaters.
- Our showerheads and faucet aerators are self-cleaning and require no maintenance.
- Our water- and energy-saving kits are available to all landlords and managers of rental units, regardless of the energy source used to heat the water in their buildings.
- The showerheads and faucet aerators restrict the flow rate to a maximum 5.7 L/min, which is up to 40% less than that of conventional products. The water pressure remains the same, so tenants won’t even notice a difference.
Do you pay the electricity for your rental units?
Estimate your potential savings
You will recoup your investment in less than five months and continue to save for years. Assess how much our kits of WaterSense® labeled products can help you optimize water and electricity use in your rental units.
Number of rental units
less on your annual
1 983 906 fewer litres of water consumed each year
The amount of water and energy used and saved varies depending on the type of products installed and household requirements. Calculations are based on several factors, including: one kit installed per rental unit with handheld showerhead at the price of $24.91/kit (taxes included) when 50 kits or more are purchased (group purchases of 50 kits each are possible); an average of 2.3 people per household; cost of electricity at 8.65¢/kWh (taxes included); baseline flow rate of 9.5 L/min for showerheads and 8.3 L/min for aerators; shower duration of 8 min per person per day, water temperature at the intake of the water heater: 12°C, and tap water temperature: 40°C.
Other energy-saving products
There are many other products that reduce your impact on the environment.
Optimize your water heating system by having ECOPEAK® three-element water heaters installed by a professional. This Québec technology helps lower collective electricity demand during peak periods in the morning and evening.
WaterSense® labeled low-flow toilets work just as well as standard models and can save up to 20 litres of water per flush (a 4.8-litre model compared to a 26-litre toilet manufactured prior to 1985).
Some good habits to develop
Make environmentally responsible purchases
Repair leaky faucets immediately
Ask your tenants to promptly report leaky faucets. All those little drops add up . . . You may be wasting enough water every month to fill four bathtubs.