To be eligible for this option, you need to meet the following conditions:
- You must have a Rate D service contract.
- Your electrical installation must be supplied by the main grid rather than by an off-grid system.
- Metering must be done by a single communicating meter installed by Hydro‑Québec.
- You must have created a Customer Space. For as long as you are signed up for the Winter Credit Option, you must provide a valid email address to which peak demand event notifications will be sent.
- You must have a consumption history of at least one monthly period under your service contract.
- You must not be signed up for any other rate options.
Peak demand events
Peak demand events can take place from December 1 to March 31, from 6 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 8 p.m., excluding December 24, 25, 26 and 31, and January 1 and 2, as well as Good Friday and Easter Monday when they fall within the winter period.
- Maximum number of events per day: 2 events
- Minimum interval between 2 events: 7 hours
- Duration of an event: 3 or 4 hours
- Maximum total duration of events in the winter period: 100 hours
Peak demand event notifications
Hydro‑Québec will notify you by email, at the address provided in your Customer Space, no later than 5 p.m. the day before a peak demand event, indicating the event start and end times. It will also post all peak demand event notifications on its website, www.hydroquebec.com. Hydro‑Québec cannot be held responsible for nonreceipt of a notification due to the failure of systems or equipment belonging to you or your telecommunications provider.
No credit is given for a peak demand event if the energy curtailed is less than 2 kWh.
Hydro‑Québec reserves the right to cancel your enrollment in this option if there are recurring problems in gathering hourly metering data.
You can cancel this option at any time by notifying Hydro‑Québec through your Customer Space or by calling customer services. The option will cease to apply the day after Hydro‑Québec is notified.