Efficient Solutions Program
Why choose the Simplified Option?
By signing up for the Efficient Solutions Program’s Simplified Option, you’ll take your renovation, retrofit or construction project up a notch.
*The advantages of hydropower
Play a key role with clients
Are you an engineer, developer, architect, contractor or master electrician? The Efficient Solutions Program lets you give your clients a competitive edge and makes you stand out in the market. It’s simple—everybody wins!
Find out how to become a project aggregator
Calculate* the amount of financial assistance that you could receive
A quick and effective tool to:
- assess the amount of financial assistance to which you are entitled
- validate the eligibility of your initiatives
- submit your request for financial assistance
*Download the latest version of the software to take advantage of the most recent program updates.
Current version updated on August 25, 2021 :
– in French only]
How to use the OSE financial assistance calculation tool (In French only)
Participant’s Guide, program eligibility and other useful tools
To be eligible, your project must:
- be implemented in at least one eligible building
- target measures designed to improve the energy efficiency of a building, a plant, a piece of equipment, a process or a system
The Participant’s Guide contains a full list of eligibility criteria.
Download the Guide [PDF 620 Kb – in French only]
Other tools and legal documents
- Conditions and undertakings [PDF 259 Kb - in French only]
- Types of participants: Payments and special terms and conditions [PDF 224 Kb - in French only]
- List of municipal and cooperative systems [PDF 15 Kb - in French only]
- Terms and conditions specific to off-grid systems [PDF 27 Kb - in French only]
- Notice of participation in the Efficient Solutions Program [Word 35 Kb - in French only]*
*Document for project aggregators – In French only
Over 200 measures available to businesses
Read about the main energy efficiency solutions among over 200 eligible measures eligible under the Simplified Option:
- Thermal envelope improvements
- Installation of roof units with heat pumps
- Geothermal systems
- Heat recovery systems (for gray water, air and pool areas)
- Installation of heat pumps
- Aerothermal systems
- Installation of variable-frequency drives (VFDs) (range hood, HVAC system)
- Use of efficient cooling systems and air conditioners
- Refrigeration of food for grocery stores (CO2, ammonia, HFC)
- Refrigeration of ice surfaces for arenas and curling rinks (CO2, ammonia, HFC)
- Use of efficient ski hill snow cannons
- Compressed air
- Use of efficient compressors with VFD, desiccant air dryers, storage
- Up to 200 HP
- Electrotechnologies for industrial processes (e.g., induction heating)
- Up to 150 kW
- Installation of variable-frequency drives (VFDs) for pumping processes
- Up to 500 HP
- Cooling methods
- Cooling systems
- Water chillers up to 1,500 tonnes
- Air coolers up to 150 tonnes
- Use of volumetric and centrifugal chillers, with or without VFD
- Cooling systems
- LED lighting
- Use of lighting fixtures and DLC Premium lighting fixtures
- Use of retrofit kits and lamps (pin-based bulbs and mogul base bulbs)
- Adaptive control
- Horticultural lighting (photosynthesis)
- Solar energy (preheating air and water)
Discover concrete effects of our program through our project examplesSee all case projects
$247,610 for implementing various energy efficiency measures in an office building
Have an energy efficiency project and want to find the right program for you?
Efficient Solutions Program – Customized Option
The measures you have in mind aren’t eligible for the Simplified Option? Our Customized Option could enable you to implement innovative efficiency measures that are just right for your company.More about the Customized Option
How can we help you?
Have any questions? Call or email us.
Stay informed about our array of energy efficiency programs, products and services.