Rate Flex G
Rate Flex G: Potential for substantial savings
Rate Flex G is a dynamic rate that can save you quite a bit of money. Electricity is cheaper than the base rate in winter, except during peak demand events, when it’s more expensive.
For winter 2022-2023, enrollment will be limited to 2,000 business customers. It will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
How Rate Flex G works
Rate Flex G is different than the base rate (Rate G). This is how it works.
- outside peak demand events, the price of electricity is below the base rate, so you can save money.
- during peak demand events, electricity is billed at a high price (55.345¢/kWh). You’ll have to shift nonessential electricity use or limit it to reduce costs. The day before a peak demand event, you’ll receive a notification by email and, if you like, through our mobile app.
- The rest of the year, the price of the first tier of Rate G (base rate) applies.
The risk depends on your energy use habits. Your bill could be higher at Rate Flex G than at the base rate if you don’t take the necessary steps during peak demand events when the price is higher. It’s important to use as little electricity as possible during those events, so you aren’t penalized.
Peak demand events
Peak demand events can take place weekdays from December 1 to March 31, from 6 to 9 a.m. and from 4 to 8 p.m. There may be 25 to 33 events per winter, at most, for a maximum of 100 hours in all.
A customized tool to track your results
You can see the results of your efforts in the Consumption Profile in your Customer Space. It tells you the following:
- Information about the current winter, updated daily (total savings or increase, number of hours in peak demand events already gone by, number of days of the winter period elapsed)
- Your energy use during peak demand events and outside events
- Upcoming events for which you have received a notification
- History of previous winters
Interested in dynamic pricing?
Compare the various offerings in your Customer Space.
Compare the rates and sign up
Compare the rates in your Customer Space to find out how much you could save and to sign up for the Winter Credit Option or Rate Flex G.Log in
To find out more about Rate Flex G, see Section 4 of Chapter 3 of the Electricity Rates [PDF 4.75 MB].